Creating containers is the sole purpose of all these infrastructure.
Using this command will initiate the following work-flow:
- It will check for the container locally
- Fetch the container from the Docker Hub Repository
- Run the container
$ docker run [OPTIONS] IMAGE[:TAG|@DIGEST] [COMMAND] [ARG...]
Although the Image Builder has a default value for each of the following one can override them.
The run options control the image’s runtime behavior in a container. These settings affect:
- detached or foreground running
- container identification and name
- network settings and host name
- runtime constraints on CPU and memory
- privileges and LXC configuration
Using an image based on a specific version based on tag or custom made identifier (Digest)
Specifies commands to run at the start of the container
Other arguments which include adding users and setting environment variable and mounting devices.
For more information visit the command line page